PlayStation 4 is all about games, and the PlayStation Plus subscription service is the ultimate gaming experience. A subscription to PS Plus comes with many benefits, such as online multiplayer, free monthly games and exclusive PlayStation Store discounts.
Subscribe to PlayStation Plus
You can enjoy a 14 day free trial of PS Plus to help you to choose a membership plan that works for you. You can opt between a subscription that renews every month, every three months, or every year. To subscribe to PS Plus, head to PlayStation Store.
There are four main advantages of a PlayStation Plus subscription:
- The biggest attraction of PlayStation Plus is the ability to share adventures with friends and players around the world through Online Multiplayer. When you subscribe to PlayStation Plus, you become part of a community of over 30 million active PS Plus players, the largest online console community ever.
- PlayStation Plus members have access to new games each month, available for download at no extra cost. These bonus games vary from triple-A titles to small indie hits, and give you the opportunity to enjoy content that you might have overlooked at the time of release. With PlayStation Plus you will always have a new game to experience and share with your family. New games will become available every first Tuesday of the month, and these games are yours to keep and play throughout your membership.
- PS Plus members also receive exclusive discounts on PlayStation Store games and downloadable content. If you regularly buy from PlayStation Store, you'll be adding value to your purchases with a PlayStation Plus subscription.
- Having trouble deciding whether a new game would appeal to you or your family? With PlayStation Plus, you can try out selected games for free, allowing you and your family to play the full game (for a limited period of time) before you buy it. The duration of free play time differs per game, and will be indicated when you start the trial.
What other kinds of subscriptions are there?
In addition to PS Plus, there are many third-party gaming subscriptions that give you access to a library of games and discounts on games. Some of these subscriptions are offered by game developers for their own games only. There are even games that offer their own subscription services for perks or features related to the game, such as games that offer online-only gameplay.
Games with subscriptions
A good example of a game with its own subscription service is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, commonly known as an MMORPG. These games usually offer their own subscription for access to the servers where they host their game world, a virtual playground inhabited by hundreds and thousands of players at a time.
To play this kind of game, a PlayStation Plus subscription is not required. For enquiries about these subscriptions, please visit the publisher’s website.
Cancel a subscription
You can cancel an active PlayStation Plus subscription up to 24 hours before the scheduled renewal date. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Account Management > Account Information > PlayStation Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select Turn Off Auto-Renew.
If it has been less than 14 days since you initially started your PS Plus subscription, you can request a refund for the days that are left. The days that the subscription has been active on your account are not refundable, and will be deducted from the refund total.
When it comes to your child’s PlayStation experience, it’s important that you stay informed. You may be interested in related articles such as How to set parental controls on your PlayStation and How to find your next favourite games: 3 tips. You can also visit the main PlayStation support website to search for a solution to your query.